Monday, April 26, 2010

What are the pros and cons of mineral make up??

I started buying Bare Minerals a few months before my wedding three years ago. I was desperate to find some kind of makeup that wouldn't wear off during the long day and would make me feel comfortable. I will NEVER use another make up again. It is so weightless that it feels like you don't have any make up on! Plus, I used to have acne from using liquid make up and other make ups with oils. I have pretty much no acne now and when I have the very occassional break out, my Bare Minerals makeup covers the imperfections beautifully!





It is more expensive than other makeups I've tried, but it is so worth it! Plus a little bit goes a long way! So it probably actually equals out in the end because I buy it a lot less often. Plus I'm not spending money trying new kinds of makeup all the time that ultimately don't end up looking the way I wish they would.





Try it and see! I bet you'll never go back to other make up again!What are the pros and cons of mineral make up??
its cheap and goes a very long way, always buy it from a cosmetic ingredientc company, not off the supermarket shelved, you'll get literally 100 times as much for the same money, pure minerals don't 'go off' though you do need to use the same care with brushes etc as usual, and generally they are fully intermixable.What are the pros and cons of mineral make up??
Mineral make-up is truly awesome. You only need a light dusting all over your face and a second dusting around the eyes. It lasts all-day and is waterproof (sweat-proof, thus great in the summertime). It feels like your wearing nothing but there is great coverage. It is gentle on the pores and you can sleep in it occassionally (say after a party if your sleepy), but try not to. It is natural, with mica which has a light reflecting property that reduces the look of dark shadows under the eye or around the mouth region. I have personally experienced less puffiness in the eye region. But remember it is natural with unlisted minerals that may not be so healthy when placed on the skin....are these metals safe???
I heard that mineral makeup is the best to use and that you'll never break out with it...the makeup also looks flawless..just by word of mouth
The pros of mineral makeups are that talc has been found to be a carconegenic (causes cancer) and most powders are made of talc. The mineral makeups are great because they dont take a lot to make your skin look falwless, absorb oil much better that liquids and with continued use they will help with breakouts. They are great too because they blend so well and when you are learning to use makeup you wont use too much. Loreal has a new one that is fantastic and Physicians Forumla also has some. These are about $15 so you will have money left over for other things.
Although some of them claim that they are pure, they are not. For example, Bare Escentuals is impure and contains Bismuth. The positive about the minerals is that they are kind to skin and do not cause irritation, especially for the drier skins. Amongst the minerals, I like Everyday Minerals the best. Try everydayminerals.com. The company sends samples for free. The prices are also 1/5 of BE.
bare minerals??? no cons that i know about but proactiv make-up improves your skin while its on ur face...
When it comes to mineral makeup I think that there are only pros no cons. I use bare essentials and I love it. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Minerals don't need makeup, they sparkle on their own.
It applies very quickly, gives a light to medium coverage and looks natural. I love it. I use Bare Escentuals and also Jane Iredale - sometimes both bc BE can be a little shiny.





Use a light moisturizer first, then let that set. Just don't cake it on and use the proper brushes they recommend.





When it's warm out---you won't be a sweaty, sticky mess from heavy liquid foundations.
I tried Sheer Cover and though it did make my skin feel nice, it didn't cover like my liquid foundation does. I struggle with acne and dark circles and it didn't cover well for that. NOW if you have good skin and aren't worried about coverage you should certainly try it you'll probably like it very much.
I've found that my skin is healthier, and the powder does not feel sticky or tacky. Lasts a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment